Posted By: MPH Consulting Services
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013
Expiry Date: 13 Mar 2013
Job Reference: Job Description
Work Scheme: Resident; 6 Weeks ON * 2 Weeks OFF; This schedule can be adapted in case of any critical or urgent requirement.
- To ensure efficient procurement services with the best possible compromise between “delivery”, “quality” and “price/cost”. Failure to do so may expose the Company to operational problems with huge cost implications.
- To continually improve current procurement practices. Identifying opportunities to enhance the Supply Chain.
- To ensure all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in compliance with DGEP/TEPNG Referential, TEPNG policies and procedures, as well as Total Group Business rules and Ethics, in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
- To train & to assist members of his team, and when possible other departmental staff.
- Imbibe the ‘Duet’ & ‘Triplet’ philosophy to enhance rapid responses from Stock and Material Technical Administrators in the ASSETS. Regular meetings and attendance of ASSETS weekly meetings are compulsory
- Perform, evidence and document all assigned SOA controls required to achieve SOX and Audit compliances
- Provide procurement supervision and mentoring services for a team of buyers and provide technical assistance for Purchasing services
- Perform analysis of assigned PR’s (& assign) after self-assurance of adequate material specification, budget authorizations and relative cost centers. Follow-up PR’s until PO creation, including resolving related issues and completing the expediting process until vendor payment.
- Use and encourage the use of e- sourcing tools by COMPANY to meet up with a target of events set for the Purchasing Division.
- Apply TOTAL Group approved strategic sourcing methodology to the procurement process;
- Prepare, negotiate and administer a broad range of complex, technical and high value/risk purchases, applying knowledge and experience of commercial, insurance and legal issues, using COMPANY General Terms and Conditions.
- Follow-up and ensure PO performance including expediting till the delivery point and payment of supplier invoices
- Provide vendor performance evaluation services
- Apply and encourage the use of Market Intelligence tools (Market, Suppliers, Cost Models, target prices, etc.).
- Cooperate in terms of transversal relationship is primordial in this tasks in managing unforeseen operational issues of immense impact.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned from time to time by COMPANY.
Required Qualifications / experience
- A Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Social Sciences. Qualifications in Purchasing & Supply chain Management is definitely an added advantage
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS international or Nigeria)
- 10 to 15 years Oil and Gas Industry experience with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Buyer. A stock management experience would be an added advantage
- Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary for a range of complex internal and external negotiations
- Knowledge of SAP/R3, BW, e-sourcing tool (Ariba) and e-transit tool required.
- Requires a very good interpersonal relationship, conviviality, capacity of anticipation, analysis and synthesis
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English, French will be an advantage