Global Product Leader – Packaging
Ref.: UK – 34409
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, we provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers – helping them deliver better results everyday.
Position: Global Product Leader – Packaging
Location: EMEA / US
Salary: Competitive, plus attractive company benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Looking for a new career challenge with a Global remit? We are offering one outstanding candidate the chance to be a Global Product Leader – Packaging in our Supply Chain division Globally.
What are you accountable for achieving?
• Co-accountable for Global Co-pack growth with BD teams (eventually through IKOs and IBP targets)
• Develop and continually refine our Global Packaging vision and strategy through relationship building and interaction with our top global packaging customers
• Develop and refine customer targeting, marketing plan
• Drive customer specific BD activities; support local teams with expert support and help linking experts across regions and countries
• Serving as a key point of contact to manage solution and customer interface for pursuits with integrated packaging solutions requirements.
• Building relationships with top 5 existing customers.
• Co-accountable for driving efficiency in existing operations (x% reduction until 2013)
• Developing criteria and collaborate with Business Development and Account Management teams to identify and build relationships with top 5 prospect customers.
• Defining product strategy (product scoping, revenue/EBIT targets, operational targets, go to market strategy) to drive organic and strategic growth.
• Driving inclusion of product specific targets in regional/country product expert’s IKOs and IBPs.
• Packaging and product development and innovation
• Serving as a key point of contact to manage solution and customer interface for “large or multi-country” packaging pursuits.
• Establishing and managing a regular reporting tool on business development growth & operations performance metrics against targets (e.g. Packaging Product Scorecard), which will include development of the necessary reporting inputs for each metric.
• Developing and facilitating global community of product SMEs that interact regularly for purpose of knowledge exchange & collaboration/mutual support
• Establish and lead product steering committee.
• Developing and supporting product evolution globally in terms of research & development into new trends, trainings, new solutions and partnerships (end-to-end solutions), IT solution etc
What will you need as a successful Global Product Leader – Packaging?
• 5+ year’s experience in a similar position within a contract manufacturing, packaging supplier, and/or packaging equipment manufacturer.
• Mechanical Engineer (desirable)
• Industrial Engineer (desirable)
• Good working knowledge, and experience in, packaging automation / machinery
• Expertise in developing and implementing manual, semi-automated, and automated packaging solutions for CPG and/or Retail customers
• Strong credibility in the integrated packaging marketplace
• Ability to provide vision and implement Packaging Solution Design, Technology (solutions, support and implementation), project management.
• Experience packaging design and reengineering
• Strong understanding of integrated packaging concepts, including design, corrugate, materials management, labor and reporting
• Strong leadership skills
Please ensure that you notify your line manager before applying for this role and discuss your suitability before submitting your application
All applicant CV’s will be thoroughly reviewed, but not all internal candidates will necessarily be interviewed.
What will you get in return?
In addition to the excellent opportunities for progression, our package includes 25 days holiday, defined contribution pension scheme and access to discounts with major high street retailers.
If this sounds like a role for you, please click the apply button.
Here at DHL we are an equal opportunities employer: all together different, all together successful.